Official IRC Channel Rules
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we pledge to making BNC4FREE and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
This Code of Conduct applies to all of our channels that reside on our Official IRC Networks
Standards of Behaviour
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
- Assuming good faith from other participants unless proven otherwise
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Making coercive threats to try to force changes through without seeking consensus, e.g. “I’ll botnet you unless you give us an account” / “I will pay others not to use your service”
- Demanding that your support issues be prioritised above others
- Derailing, soapboxing, conspiracy theorising, or other deliberately destructive behaviour
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Channel Helper and Staff responsibilities
Channel Helpers and Staff are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Channel Helpers and Staff have the right and responsibility to mute users, block access to the channel, moderate the channel and ban temporarily or permanently any users that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct or for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
As well as Our Staff Team, We also have the following channel helpers:
- No helpers yet
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting Our Staff Team, contacting one of the Channel Helpers listed above or by emailing Support. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. The staff team are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.
Staff and Channel Helpers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the Staff Team